The training and development provided on the Renault UK Advanced Apprentice Programme is second to none, comprising state of the art facilities and equipment backed up by highly experienced Technical training staff.
The Renault UK Advanced Apprenticeship Programme has been conceived with the aim of developing high calibre Service Technicians and Parts Operatives that are needed to support the future growth of the Renault Dealer Network.
Renault requires bright, ambitious and motivated school leavers who can demonstrate the potential to be future Renault Master Technicians or Parts Operatives. With advanced tuition and state-of-the art facilities, Apprentices will be developed to meet the demanding servicing and repair requirements of existing and future Renault vehicles, whilst enjoying the benefits of full time paid employment at a Renault Dealership.
The Renault UK Advanced Apprenticeship Programme will ensure that Apprentices acquire an all round competence in vehicle maintenance and diagnostics on the Renault brand. As graduates of the programme, Apprentices will qualify as Renault Technicians, and will receive the Advanced Apprenticeship Certificate, which is endorsed by Renault and the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI).
In addition, successful candidates who have completed the Renault Advanced Apprenticeship Programme within the last 3 years can enrol directly onto the Level 3 Renault Senior Technician training course, Level 4 being Renault Master Technician.
In addition to the pride and status that comes with being associated with one of the world’s largest car manufacturers, the following benefits are applicable:
- Full time paid employment at a Renault Dealership
- SERVICE TECHNICIANS - Attain on completion Levels 2 & 3 Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (VCQ) and IMI Levels 2 & 3 Technical Diploma (VRQ)
- Residential block release tuition at Renault's state of the art training centre, plus regular assessment and development within work place, plus continuous pastoral care
- No training cost (excluding travel and accommodation)
- Corporate work wear supplied for training (excluding footwear)
- Additional training support and Dealer visits by Renault Training Officers
- Exclusive use of Renault vehicles, literature and tools where required
- Develop transferable communication skills
Service Technicians - Year 1
Residential Block Release at the Renault Training Centre (7 courses each of 1 week duration) covering:
- Health & Safety
- Vehicle Overview
- Hand tool and measuring techniques
- Suspension & Steering
- Wheels & Tyres
- Braking Systems
- Intake & Exhaust
- Engine Components (strip /rebuild /measure)
- Basic Diagnosis (using current Renault equipment and tooling)
Residential block release at the Renault Training Centre (6 courses each of 1 week duration) covering:
- Electrical principles/ electronic systems
- Clutches / manual and auto transmissions
- Hydrocarbon fuels and systems
- Advanced steering and suspension
- Advanced braking systems
- Intermediate diagnosis (using current Renault equipment and tooling)
Residential block release at the Renault Training Centre (5 courses each of 1 week duration) covering:
- Advanced electrics/electrical systems
- Z.E. (electric vehicle) overview
- Advanced diagnostic principles
- Automotive Technician Accreditation assessment
In addition to the above, over the three years there will be:
- Team building activities, designed to develop and improve communication skills
- Continuous assessment and practical application of topics covered
- Dealer visits from Renault Training Officer to assess progress
Note: All of the training carried out is in line with current Renault training courses, using recognised Renault repair methods, equipment and vehicles.
The Graduation Ceremony
The process for applying to join us is as follows:
- Applicants who contact us direct complete the application form
- Successful Applicants matched to Dealer vacancies
- Written assessment and interview carried out at the Dealership
- Commencement of Apprentice employment
- Completion of all Apprentice contract paperwork (Dealer and Candidate)
- Apprentice training commences (training dates to be defined with Dealer)
If you have not found the information you were looking for, or would like to hear about our apprenticeship programme in more detail or have any queries, then please get in touch with us on 0115 938 0223.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Begin your Renault journey